Perhaps in the past, you joined writing communities for inspiration, encouragement, friendly chats, and writing prompts to move your pen and keep your muse on her toes. It was good, I’m sure. But now, you want more than that. A deeper experience as a writer.
Who Is It for?
We’d love to have you with us in The Inky Path Daring Writers Collective if:
- You’re done with writing prompts and feel ready to become more intentional with your time and energy, and deeply desire to commit to a bold writing project.
- You have a iritedecific nonfiction writing project you’re working on (e.g. a memoir, a collection of essays, a book or an article series in your subject area, a poetry chapbook, impactful content for a speech).
- You’re fostering in your heart a bigger dream for yourself as a writer and storyteller (think self-publishing your book or being published traditionally, becoming a speaker, developing a signature program based on your book.)
- You’re willing to ask for help and give help in the form of honest feedback, constructive critiques and brainstorming within a group of women writers like you.
- You’re now ready to make your work visible and your voice heard, and need a mentor and peer support for making that happen.
The Daring Writers Collective connects serious women nonfiction writers to women as fierce as themselves—writers often unrecognized, sometimes unpublished, but certainly spirited and on the verge of shaping their world with their words.
Our relationships in the Daring Writers Collective are built and maintained through bite-sized but in-depth online courses, workshops with subject experts, and well-designed classes headed by masters of the craft. In addition, we have a private online community space to share writing, connect with other writers through weekly activities, offer and receive feedback, and discover new stories, experiences, and best practices.
What Will Happen for You When You Join?
Writers are often lonely people, they say. They write in solitude and often struggle to connect with others. Well, not really, in my experience.
I started writing when I was a little kid and never stopped. Since 2011, I’ve created and led numerous groups and events that had writing at their core. Along with the people who’ve participated in my courses and communities, I’ve experienced that writing is more enjoyable when you do it together with like-minded people as part of a community of kindred spirits.
When you have access to a facilitated and mentored community of other writers who get you, who are committed to writing as much as you do, and who also bold writing goals on their to-do lists, something amazing happens:
- You feel heard, understood, witnessed, and supported.
- You have the opportunity to get frequent practice and regular feedback.
- You hone and develop your skills and not just write more but also write better.
- You develop your unique writing voice and own it.
- You feel more motivated and inspired than you can on your own.
- You feel accountable and move toward your writing goals with more power and ease.
- You learn from other writers’ experiences, problems, and solutions, and develop the tools to navigate, understand, and release fear, doubt, and overwhelm.
- You cultivate the courage and confidence to get out there to be seen and heard as a writer.
- You can ask about privately and discuss openly the things only (women) writers will truly understand.
- You are more likely to bring to life your writing project that has been putting your heart on fire.
- You are never short of ideas of what to write next and find it easy to make a roadmap that leads to finishing it.
This is exactly why I created the Daring Writers Collective. I want to write together with you. I want to offer you that welcoming, motivating, private space where you can share freely and connect with other devoted writers, find the support you need to finish your bold writing project, and learn how to share it with the right audience with ease and impact.
What Is Included?
In addition to all of the benefits above, you’ll also receive:
- Access to the private, protected Daring Writers Collective area (aka the Inkster Playground).
- Weekly writing (and life) check-ins with me and the group and the chance to keep yourself accountable by sharing your weekly Inktentions and Completions.
- The opportunity (during Feedback Fridays) to submit one piece you write each week and ask for and receive honest, detailed feedback.
- A new Deep Writing Intensive at the end of each month during which we write together on a specific theme five days in a row.
- Access to a new, bite-sized Inky Path craft-building class each month for honing your skills as a writer and developing new ones.
- Complimentary access to most of my writing classes. (*Find a list of all currently available courses at the end of this page.)
- Direct weekly access to me inside our collective space and personalized, in-depth responses to your questions about differentiating yourself as a writer in the crowded marketplace, building your audience and author platform, and promoting/marketing your work with ease, integrity, and impact.
- Exclusive, in-depth occasional interviews with master writers and subject area experts (with full transcript + sometimes an audio file).
- Discounts for and first dibs on all author services and workshops.
- Opportunity to pre-register for events with limited seats before they are announced to our wider community and subscribers.
- PLUS: Inksters and their essays will also have priority for being considered for publication in the upcoming Inky Path quarterly magazine Reminiscentia (digital + print) and the bimonthly Inky Path singles Stories from the Interior (digital + print).
The self-guided courses on our Writers’ Academy the members of the Daring Writers Collective have complimentary access to:
- Homecoming: Writing Your Way Home — (value $139)
- A Year with Myself: A Yearlong Introspective Writing Journey to Recreating Your Life from the Inside out – 6 classes, 52 lessons (value $299)
- Incomparable You: Stand out and Make Impact by Being Who You Are – 4 modules (value $199)
- The 12 Laws of Joy and Ease for Introverted Creatives and Changemakers (value $39)
- Teach What You Know: How to Create, Promote, and Run Your 1st Email Course – 5 modules (value $149)
- Business Love Boat: A 30-Day Business Makeover for Writers, Creatives, and Changemakers – a Self-Guided Intensive (value $179)
You’ll be able to dip in an out of this ever-growing treasury at your own pace and whenever you want and enjoy free access to these valuable premium courses as part of your membership benefits.
If you’d like to read what previous members, students, and clients have said about my writing intensives, self-guided classes, business courses, and mentorship and consulting services please visit this page.
What Is Your Investment?
The membership fee to join the Daring Writers Collective is $79/month.
The membership fee is an automated, recurring subscription fee. When you register, your credit card will be charged through a secure payment system once a month. There is no contract or a long-term commitment, and you can cancel easily whenever you want.
Think of your monthly investment to join the Daring Writers Collective like a quality yoga studio membership for your writing career—it’s not just a devotion to teasing out your stories and writing together but also a commitment to honing your craft while developing as a writer who has a distinct voice and presence in the world.